Fernie Alpine Resort named one of the top 5 best ski resorts in North America – 2007.
Fernie Alpine Resort took the Number 5 spot in Skiing Magazine’s “Top 25 Resorts in North America”. The Resort was one of only two Canadian resorts in the Top 10. Whistler Blackcomb was rated Number 1. The magazine compiled the results after readers submitted their favourite resort picks based on quality of snow, terrain, affordability and nightlife.
Fernie Alpine Resort has gained a reputation for its powder, but is now becoming famous for so much more. With a fun and friendly ski town atmosphere, great dining, adventure activities, a mountain village and a number of new real estate developments, Fernie caters to a variety of skiers and riders from around the globe.
The Resort has also received a number of other accolades in the past year, including:
– One of the Top 6 Powder Destinations on the Planet (Fall Line Skiing Magazine, 2007)
– “Best Powder” (Ski Canada Magazine, 2007)
– “Best New On-Mountain Restaurant” – Lost Boys Café (Ski Canada Magazine, 2007)
– “Best Thank You to the Locals” (Ski Canada Magazine, 2007)
– “Best Places to Powder Your Nose” – Fernie’s White Room Sessions (Ski Canada Magazine, 2007)
– Ranked 8th out of the Top 25 Resorts in North America (Skiing Magazine, 2006)
– “Best Deck Party in Canada”, “Best Ski Town”, “Best Powder” (Ski Canada Magazine, 2006)
Fernie Alpine Resort is gearing up for the 2007/2008 winter season with a number of resort enhancements, including snowmaking improvements, additional heated washroom facilities at the new mountaintop Lost Boys Café, improved cat track and terrain access, added tree skiing and more. Fernie Alpine Resort is scheduled to open December 8, 2007.
Book early for great savings at Fernie Alpine Resort! Ski Holidays and Vacations in Fernie available from rocky-peak Holidays.