We are not even into August 2010 yet and the rates have been released for all Rocky Mountaineer Train and Cruise Holiday packages for 2011. They have kept most of the packages the same as 2010 but have added an Alaska cruise from Seattle onboard Holland America’s ms Oosterdam to seven of their existing popular 2010 train holiday packages. Alaska cruises from Vancouver for 2011 are still onboard the Holland America’s ms Zuiderdam, which, in our opinion, has to be one of, if not, the best cruise ship sailing up to Alaska from Vancouver, Canada.
Below are the new 2011 Rocky Mountaineer train holiday packages with the Seattle cruise add-on. The links are to PDF documents on RockyMountainHolidays.com.
Rocky Mountaineer with Cruise to Alaska from Seattle
- Classic Rail Circle with Cruise from Seattle – 16 nights / 17 days
- Canadian Rockies Getaway with Cruise from Seattle – 16 nights / 17 days
- Canadian Rockies Circle with Cruise from Seattle – 17 nights / 18 days
- Classic Journey through the Clouds, Vancouver to Jasper with Cruise from Seattle – 11 nights / 12 days
- Western Explorer with Cruise from Seattle – 15 nights / 16 days
- Canadian Rockies at Leisure with Cruise from Seattle – 17 nights / 18 days
- Journey through the Clouds Discovery Drive with Cruise from Seattle – 15 nights / 16 days
New Rocky Mountaineer Holiday Products for 2011
- Explore Victoria and Seattle – 2 nights / 3 days
- Golden Circle via Whistler with Cruise – 17 nights / 18 days
There have not been any major changes to the 2010 Rocky Mountaineer packages for 2011. Any changes are “tweaks” to already very popular and exciting train holiday packages.
Changes to Existing 2010 Products for 2011
- All tours that overnight in Vancouver now include admission to the Vancouver Lookout
- All tours that overnight in Calgary now include admission to the Calgary Tower
- RedLeaf Service pre- or post-cruise tour packages now utilize Ocean- View Staterooms (Category D).
- GoldLeaf Service pre- or post-cruise tour packages continue to use Deluxe Verandah Ocean-View Staterooms (Category VC).
- Classic Rail Circle now has an additional pre-night in Vancouver plus a six hour sightseeing tour of Vancouver’s spectacular North Shore.
- Grand Rail Circle now has an additional pre-night in Vancouver plus a six hour sightseeing tour of Vancouver’s spectacular North Shore
- Canadian Rockies Highlights now has an additional pre-night in Vancouver plus a six hour sightseeing tour of Vancouver’s spectacular North Shore.
- Canadian Rockies Highlights – 5 nights is also available; this is the same as the 2010 Canadian Rockies Highlights.
- Canadian Rockies Circle is now 9 nights in duration instead of 12 nights.
- The westbound itineraries of Trans-Canada Rail Adventure, Canada’s Coast to Coast by Rail, and the post-tour cruise options of these packages now include 2 nights in Jasper plus a Jasper highlights motorcoach tour, but only one night in Lake Louise.
- City Stop add-on products are able to be sold independently, with rail-only, or in conjunction with any Rocky Mountaineer packages. Please note that transportation to/from the station or airport is not included in any City Stop packages.
- Taxi transfers to/from cruise terminals in Vancouver are no longer included.
- Travel documentation will advise of estimated taxi transfer rates, and limousine transfers available for purchase.
Discontinued 2010 Rocky Mountaineer Holiday Products
- The Exclusive Attraction Pass will no longer be offered, and has been removed from all 2011 packages
- 2010 Classic Rail Holiday – Whistler to Jasper (3 nights / 4 days) Holiday has been replaced by Canadian Rockies and Whistler which is 4 nights / 5 days (includes a night in Vancouver and the Whistler Sea to Sky Climb).
- 2010 Canadian Rockies and Vancouver has been discontinued.
New for 2011 – Child and Youth Rates
New for 2011, Rocky Mountaineer holiday packages now include rates for youths (ages 12-18) and children (ages 2-11) when travelling with at least one single adult guest.
The published child and youth prices will apply for a maximum of 1 child or youth sharing with 1 adult. Parties of 1 adult and 2 or more children/youths will have to be booked with a minimum of 2 adults. It is not possible to book a single room with more than 2 persons sharing.
These are all the changes to the Rocky Mountaineer Holiday packages for 2011. Rocky Mountaineer package information which include cruises up to Alaska from Vancouver or Seattle can be all found at RockyMountainHolidays.com. You can view all the latest Rocky Mountaineer early-bird deals there too.